Last updated on April 3rd, 2023 at 10:12 am
This post is dedicated to be a simple ski trip packing list for females. It explains exactly what is needed and some budget friendly tips, especially for those first-time skiers. These quantities are applicable for a trip of 7 days, tweak where necessary for a longer or shorter trip.
If you like this packing list, I have another for your summer holiday in Europe: Packing List for Women
- Ski Gloves
- Ski Jacket – one with a snow skirt is best as it prevents snow going up your back
- Ski Pants – hi – fit with shoulder straps is best, also helps to keep out snow
- Ski Goggles
- Base layers: 2 pairs of leggings, 3-4 tops
- 1-2 fleeces
- Snood or face mask
- Warm hairband or Woolly hat
- Underwear – 7 pairs
- 3-5 pairs of Ski socks (hand wash when necessary), 6 regular socks
- Lip balm with sun protection
Many people decide to rent the following items at the Ski destination so you may not need to bring them:
Wear sunscreen on you face and lips every day. I didn’t bring any and my lips were suffering for at least a month after.
One ski suit or jacket and pants is enough for the trip. So if you are crying at the thought of forking out more money on an extra pair, don’t bother. But if you want to bring more, you can and will have space with the checked in bag.
For the base layer, sports leggings and long sleeved sports tops will do the trick (which will probably already be in your wardrobe). You do not need base layers specific to skiing.
Detergent can be bought in the supermarket when you arrive and socks and snoods etc can be hand washed in the sink in the evening. Then let them dry over night on the radiator or if there is a heated towel rail. The snoods dry quickly and were dry the following morning.
Bring a small backpack with you for your days skiing so you can carry around water and some snacks.
With the Après ski, there is no dress code – you don’t even have to change your clothes after the day of skiing if you don’t want. You can just roll straight in off the slopes for a burger and a beer. There is definitely no need to bring your fancy clothes and spend 2 hours getting ready. But I suggest bringing some options for the evening, if you would like to freshen up before heading out for the night.
- 1 pair of Jeans
- 3-4 warm tops
- Ski boots or runners
- 1 pair of pyjamas
- 1 swimsuit in case there is jacuzzi near you or at your accommodation
- Skincare – Moisturisers, face creams, face wash
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste
- Deodorant, Perfume
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body-wash
- Dry shampoo
- Make-up, Make-up Remover
- Hairbrush, hair ties and hair clips
- Feminine Products
- Boarding Pass
- COVID documents if required by the country – PCR/antigen test results, COVID locator form, Proof of vaccination etc
- Wallet/Purse (cash and/or card)
- Reservations (hard copy or on your phone)
- Ski Pass
Do your research on the travel adapter that is needed. You can check by country here.
- Camera (plus equipment if needed)
- Portable Charger
- Travel Adapter
- Kindle/e-book or normal book
- Water Bottle
- Glasses/Contact lenses
- Tablets, medicine, vitamins
Things to Book in Advance
- Equipment as mentioned above (skis, poles, helmet, boots)
- Pass for ski lift
- Ski Lessons
- Travel Insurance
- Transport (flights, transfer to and from airport etc)
I hope this ski trip packing list for females was helpful. Share this with your fellow skiers so they don’t forget anything. Let me know in the comments if I left something out and subscribe for more.
Thanks for reading,
- Don't forget to get travel insurance before you set out on your adventure. Safety Wing is a great choice and so reasonable.
- If you are looking for accommodation, then Hostelworld or Booking.com are good options with plenty of accommodation choices.
- Looking to book tours, entry tickets and more, check out Get your Guide.
- Follow me on instagram @wandererlane 🙂